Monday, July 15, 2013

A Little Bit About My Family

Hello!

One thing that I like about being a teacher is that I get to meet lots of children and their parents.  I will enjoy getting to know you and your family soon.  Right now, I would like to share some information about my family with you so that you will get to know me.

In my family, I have my husband, Mr. Christiansen, a son, Rayce who is 25, and a daughter, Renee who is 21.  I will share more information about them soon, but today I want to tell you about my pets.  We have pet ducks at my house.  We started out with two ducks and now have nine.  Our ducks are a Mallard/Rouen mix.  They are fun to take care of and watch.  They like to be near me, but do not like to be touched.  If you look at the photo below, you will see that they will come close to me, but only if they think I have a meal worm treat in my hand.  They love to play in the water, so they coming running when they see me getting the hose out to water the flowers, just like children!  We have a duck house for them to sleep in at night.  That keeps them safe from other critters that wander at night.
 I am wondering if you have any pets.  If so, I hope that you will tell me about them.   If you don't have a pet, that's okay!  When my children were little, we didn't have pets either.  They take a lot of time and attention.  Perhaps you could tell me what kind of pet you would like to have when you get older.  Maybe you have a stuffed animal that is very special to you.  I would like to hear about that, too. 

Have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Christiansen