Hello,
One of my favorite places to visit, especially in the summer, is the library. I love to look and see what new books they have gotten since the last time I have been there. I usually pick out two books to take home and read. I like that I can take the books home without having to pay for them as long as I take them back in three weeks. Another thing that I like about the library is that they have other things besides books that I can borrow such as music and movies.
I am wondering if you have ever visited the library. If you have, what do you like about the library? If you haven't ever been to the library, maybe you could ask your parents to take you sometime. I know you probably have books at home and perhaps visit the book store to get new ones.
I am also wondering what books you like to read. Some of my favorite children's books are The Big Wide Mouthed Frog, Corduroy, Splat the Cat, The Three Billy Goats Gruff, and Make Way for Ducklings, of course. When I see you next, perhaps you could tell me the name of your favorite books. We will read lots of books at preschool and have books for you to look at and listen to in our new Media Center.
Take time to read a few good books over the summer. Enjoy this wonderful weather that we are having. I will be seeing you soon!
Mrs. Christiansen