Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello!

Hello Everyone!

I am at the preschool today because I was told that I would be receiving a box from the UPS truck.   During the past month, we have been receiving a lot of new toys and equipment for the preschool.  So far, we have gotten a new kitchen set (sink, stove, refrigerator, dish cupboard, washing machine and ironing board) a writing and drawing table, a shelving unit for our media center, and new blocks for the block area.  Today's shipment was an easel for our art center.  This easel will allow four children to paint at the same time.  It has room for all kinds of paper and painting items.  I've included  a picture below of me putting it together. I can't wait for you to come to school to see and play with all of our new things.


I've been busy at home this summer as well.  Last week, I picked strawberries and cherries.  The strawberries were easy, but the cherries had to be pitted which means I had to remove the pit, which is the seed, out of each one.  It took me a while and my hands were stained red when I was done, but I love cherry pie so it was worth it.

I am wondering what you have been doing over the summer.  I'm guessing that some children have been swimming, playing ball, or perhaps going on a vacation.  I bet some have been riding tricycles, bicycles or scooters.   Independance Day is coming up on Thursday.  Are you planning to watch fireworks?  My family and I usually go to a parade in DeWitt, which is my hometown, and then watch fireworks at night.

I guess I'd better get back to unpacking boxes!
Have a wonderful and safe week! 
Mrs. Christiansen