Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring May Finally Be Here!

Group Meeting:  In about two weeks, we will be celebrating the arrival of spring with a Spring Party.  At group meeting time, we talked how we could celebrate.  The children made a list of possible snacks and games.  I will be sending out a note tomorrow for items that the children would like to have for our party games and snacks.  We would appreciate any help!

Story:  I read the story Chrysanthemum to the children again.  I read this book last week as well.  It is such a good book that leads into wonderful discussions of friendships.  A word that kept coming up was "bully".  I talked to the children about what it means to be a bully and what you should do if you feel you are being bullied.  We also talked about what you should do if you see someone being bullied.  Perhaps this is a discussion that you can have at home as well.

Small Group:  The children have been working on sorting.  Today, I had a mixed bag of toys and ask the children to put them into groups.  They sorted them by color, shape, type of toy, and texture. We compared the groups by size.

Large Group:  We went outside!  Even though all of our toys aren't out yet, they enjoyed just being outdoors to run and be loud.

Snacks:  The morning class had Goldfish and juice brought by Max.  The afternoon class had granola bars and milk brought by Lucy.  Thank you!