Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Day of Review

Group Meeting:  I used my hands to clap a rhythm for the children to imitate.  Then we talked about things that our hands can do at school such as play with toys, paint pictures, eat snacks, help friends, etc.  Then I asked to them tell me something that they cannot do with their hands at school.  They told me that hands cannot hit, pinch, push, pull hair, or destroy someones project or creation.

Story:  We reread the story Charlie Anderson.  This was the story that we read on Monday about the cat who had two homes.  I will reread stories occasionally.  The children see the story in a different light when they know how it ends.  They enjoy hearing favorite stories over and over. 

Small Group:  We played a name recognition game at the table.  I placed name cards face down on the table.  The children had to walk around the table until I said "stop".  Then they turned the card over that was in front of them.  If it was their name, they could sit in the chair.  If it was not, they had to turn the card over, and we played the game again until everyone was seated.  This was a way for me to see who still needed to work on name recognition.

Large Group:  We reviewed Mat Man one more time and drew him on the chalkboard as a class.  Each child added a part.

We went to the Outdoor Classroom and enjoyed the beautiful day!

Snacks:  The morning class had Goldfish, marsh mellows, and juice brought by Lucie H.  The afternoon class had animal crackers, bananas, and juice brought by Gavin.  Thank you!