Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Group Meeting:  Our topic for the group meeting today was waiting.  No one likes to wait, but sometimes we need to wait for a turn to do something.  I read a little poem to the children.  At the end of the poem, the children were to jump up but only after I rang a bell.  We practiced waiting for the bell to ring.  Then we talked about times when we have to wait at school.  We need to wait to wash our hands, to have snacks, to get into the line to go outside, to empty our cubbies, and to go home.  While we are waiting, we can talk to our friends, sing songs or do finger plays.

Story:  Families Around the World is a picture book about things that families like to do together.  Families like to eat together, play games, make music, read books, work together, etc.  Then we talked about things that our families like to do.  Every child had the opportunity to tell us something about their family.

Small Group:  We worked on making Mat Man.  We reviewed the song, and the children were given the pieces to put him together.  During large group, I showed the children how to draw Mat Man.  Then I showed them that Mat Man can be turned into any person that they would like to draw.  First, I turned him into a student in the class by adding hair and clothing.  Then I showed the children how I could draw Superman by making Mat Man first.  Tomorrow, the children will be given the chance to draw Mat Man.

Large Group:  In the morning, we went to the Outdoor Classroom.  However, in the afternoon, it was too hot to safely play outside.  We stayed in where it was cool and played musical instruments.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be cooler!

Snacks:  The morning class had cheese crackers, apples, and milk brought by Hudson.  The afternoon class had yogurt and milk brought by Leah F.  Thank you!