Group Meeting: From now on, we are going to be using a message board to help us plan our day. On our message board, we will note who is absent, the king/queen of the day, changes to play areas, and special events.
Story: We read The Gingerbread Man. This is the classic story of the old man and woman who decide to bake a gingerbread cookie. However, when the Gingerbread Man is done, he escapes and many characters chase after him trying to catch him and eat him. Ask you child to tell you how this story ends.
Small Group: We are going to be making a class book. Each child will make a page for the book. Our book is going to be about circles. Today, we looked around the room to see if there were any items in our classroom that were the shape of a circle. We found the clock, wheels on a truck, the speakers in the ceiling, a balloon picture on the wall, buttons on a shirt, and several other items. Next, I showed the class some construction paper circles that I had. I glued one onto a piece of paper and asked them to give me ideas of what I could do to make that circle into something. They suggested making the yellow circle into a sun, the orange circle into a basketball, and the pink circle into a pigs head. We discussed many more ideas. Tomorrow, each child will select a circle and decide what they can do with a circle.
Large Group: We are learning about the letter L this week. I demonstrated how to make a letter L with a big line and a little line. Then, I showed them how to make it on the chalk board. We learned the L song. A copy of the song is in your child's backpack.
Art: We have added two new items to the art table. We have "koosh rings" to use instead of paint brushes. We also have blue play dough.
Snacks: The morning class had rice krispie treats and juice brought by Riley. The afternoon class had graham crackers, strawberries and juice brought by Kadence. Thank you!
Tomorrow is picture day. Tomorrow night is Family Night!